Friday 28 March 2014

Make Icon Sizes Specific to Folders

Recently I've found that I've wanted to change the default icon size in one specific folder purely for aesthetic reasons (I have custom icons that I want to see full size every time).

Unfortunately I've not been able to do it in Nautilus as when you change the default size... it changes it universally, not just for the one folder which is what I want.

The good news is it does work in Nemo, an alternative file browser which is available from the software centre.

Or in terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nemo

Even if you're not interested in folder specific icon sizes, I've always found its helpful to have a secondary browser just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment